New England Blogs

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Beaver Pond, Kinsman Notch NH

I'm home after an incredible week up North shoting the Fall Foliage. The colors this year up in the NEK of Vermont are nothing less than spectacular.

My vacation got off to a very rocky start, (won't go into details but I almost wasn't sure if I was even going to go or not.) Last minute major hiccup! But......I went. These two images are the very first images I took of the week. My plan was to stop at Beaver Pond in Kinsman Notch NH on the drive up to VT. The area was socked in with deep fog and low clouds. I almost didn't get off the exit because I felt it would be a waste of time.
Divine intervention took place. As I approached the pond a beam of light broke through the clouds. It only lasted for less than a minute and just like that it was gone. Photography is often times a spiritual experience for me. I felt the presence of God at this particular moment........and I heard God telling me that everything was going to be ok.
And it was.



And the best was yet to come over the following days...........


3 comments:

  1. Carol, you always find the best, most glorious light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!
    For sure you were meant to be there at that moment. The little puff of fog over the rock, and the sun layer with fog are spectacular. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hank you both Cynthia and May. It was a special start to a very special week.

    ReplyDelete