New England Blogs

Monday, April 1, 2013

Monroe's Sugarin'

It's that time of year again! Spring is here....the sap is flowing from the maple trees....and the boil is on!!!!

We visited Monroe's Sugar House in Barton VT on Saturday evening. Here is the owner and our friend, Steve Monroe, checking the temperature of the syrup.




Here is the final product going into the barrell.


Steve and his wife Terry always make sure they have raised donuts on hand for any visitors who stop by. I can not even begin to tell you how delicious it is to dip your donut into the warm syrup that has just been boiled.
It's like a little piece of sweetness Heaven on Earth.


I was very happy that they were boiling at night, as I wanted to get some night shots of the Sugar House.



Vermont at it's finest! One of the many reasons why I love Vermont.
Vermont.......it's all I need! :-0)
Thanks Steve and Terry. We had a great time!!!!

4 comments:

  1. So neat!! Love the outside pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I love the shots that you got outside!! :-) We remember the great time that we had there last year. Yumm...Syrup and donuts!!

    ReplyDelete