New England Blogs

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Repeating lines, patterns, shapes, and big wings too!

354/365
Went for my annual eye exam today. I asked the man behind the counter for permission to take a photo while I was waiting......explained to him about my 365 day project. He laughed at me and said he hoped I'd find a better picture than that today. Hmmmf.........what does he know, right? I had to explain to him about lines and repeating patterns and shapes, and how these elements combined together can create an artisitic image.
I left there feeling good about both the eye exam, and the photos I took there. On the way home, I stopped off at a cemetery in Hanover.......there is a gorgeous image to be had there.......will go back in the Spring during the early morning light or the late day light to get it. As I was scoping out this scene that I have in mind, a Red Tailed Hawk swooped by me and landed in a distant tree. Could the man behind the counter have been right afterall? Was I going to get a "better" photo than the eyeglasses??? Well, I waited it out and slowly walked towards the tree, knowing he would eventually be flying away. I only waited about 10 minutes and bingo!

Granted, I could have used more reach than the 200 mm lens I was using. I had to crop these in post, but all in all, I was fairly happy to get them, especially the natural catchlight I caught in the eye.
I honestly would have been happy with the eyeglass photo, but the Hawk was an added gift for me. I hope you had a good day as well!
The Specs:
Photo one:Panasonic LX3, ISO 80, 1/80, f2.1
Photos two and three: Nikon D90, 18-200mmlens, ISO200, 1/1600, f5.6

1 comment: