New England Blogs

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The unexpected

216/365
A coldfront blew through this afternoon and along with it came some pretty funky clouds, and even some hail.I stopped at Island Grove in Abington to photograph the clouds, when suddenly this Great Blue Heron decided to do a fly-by. 


Silhouettes was my only option for these due to the light conditions.
We then headed to Nantasket Beach where we saw more dramatic light.

 Notice some sort of a rainbow in the distance? 

 I also liked this shot.....a simple composition with much warmer light as the sun was going down behind me.

Now for today's BONUS PHOTO from VT!!!!!!!! Yup, you're still getting a bonus, even though I already posted so many photos from today due to being so indecisive. 

I hope I already haven't posted this on my blog....this photo goes along with the funky skies from today's photos.

Taken on Bragg Hill Rd in Waitsfield VT.

No comments:

Post a Comment