New England Blogs

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Adventures Continue: Day 3 for Thelma and Louise

Once again, I was up and out shooting before the crack of dawn today. It started to rain as soon as I left the inn. I got lucky and my persistence paid off, as the low clouds lifted and the rain stopped in time for me to get a few decent shots before heading back to the inn for breakfast at 9am. This shot is of a barn on Common Rd in Waitsfield.
Breakfast was once again yummy, then Thelma and Louise hit the road for a long day of wonderous adventures. Our first stop was a series of covered bridges in Northfield. In this particular shot, you can see I was standing inside one bridge as I was photographing the next bridge down the road:

We visited a few otheer covered bridges, then went up a beautiful road called Turkey Hill Rd where we saw some really great color:

 We saw and photographed some beautiful old New England churches and villages. One place in particular that I really enjoyed seeing was the Strafford Meeting House in Strafford VT:

We visited and photographed several more places......too many to mention here. I had such a wonderful day. Yes, the weather could have been better........I was dealing with grey sky photography the entire day.........however we really lucked out as the rain really didn't begin to fall until we were about 2 hours away from getting back to the inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment