New England Blogs

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Out Of Service

50/365
My youngest son Jay has been promising me that I could practice my "panning" shots on him as he skateboards. We just haven't gotten around to it, but as of now, that is all going to be put on hold.........for at least eight weeks..........Doctors orders............as he was diagnosed with Mono. (Mononucleosis) There will be no heavy lifting and no sports or physical activity due to the risk of rupturing his spleen. With the way he's feeling at the moment, I don't think he really minds. :(  My poor Punkin'!
Please feel better soon Jay!!!!!!
The Specs:
Panasonic LX3, ISO 80, 1/100, f2.8, Posterization filter added in post to give the photo a "grunge" look.
On another note, today is day 50 and I can't help but celebrate when these milestones come along. I have stuck to my goal of taking each photo on the day that it's posted. It's such a good feeling to have succeeded so far. Thanks to those of you who have been regularly viewing and commenting, both publicly and privately. I really appreciate it!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no --- what a drag! Feel better soon!

    (And a pat on the back for you, Mom! 50 days down, 315 to go...!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine. Timing is not good to get mono(but really when is it good?) as all of his graduation and end of the year "stuff" is going on. I'll be sure to pass your well wishes on to him.
    Thanks also for the pat on the back! I REALLY appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pauses happen in all our lives. It's particularly difficult to see them in a positive way when you are young.

    Congratulations on your milestone. I have enjoyed your recent NE wanderings and captures of VT, the Wey herring run and spring bouquets. I also like that you include the technical specs. I have never done that but I do look at them on people's blogs. I look forward to your next 50!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by slim. I really appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete