New England Blogs

Friday, May 12, 2023

Spring Cygnets and Goslings

 I hope you are enjoying your Spring. I've been out and about with my camera  with the 150-600 mm lens attached. I just love this time of year for bird photography, especially with the newly born cygnets and goslings.

Jenny Pond in Plymouth MA:

I've been here photographing on several occasions. The swans at Jenny Pond had 7 cygnets hatch. They were adorable. I say "were" because sadly all 7 of them vanished one afternoon. The thought is that the Mom took them over to a corner of the pond where the water drains down to Brewster Gardens below. It is thought that sadly, all 7 cygnets drowned.

Here are a few photos taken the day after these little cygnets were born:


Hitching a ride and taking a nap on Mamas back:




A few days ago I found 4 Canada Geese families at Reeds Pond in Rockland MA:






The Abington cygnets were also born about a week ago. Eight cygnets were born, but a few days ago one of the cygnets lost it's life either due to a snapping turtle or perhaps got strangled in fishing line. I've been down there a few times with my camera:




There's more bird and Spring happenings to post on the next blog so stay tuned. I hope these tiny fluff balls have put a smile on your face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment