New England Blogs

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Mount Mansfield Snow and Foliage

 Here we are in the second week of November and I haven't written one blog post from this Fall. I'm totally frustrated with Blogger. They stopped sending email notifications to my followers and I feel like it's pointless for me to post anymore because nobody sees the posts. I'm hoping SOMEBODY sees this post.

I spent two wonderful weeks photographing the Fall foliage in Vermont, from September 30 to October 13. The foliage was awesome and I was very happy to get many shots to add to my portfolio. I will start this first post with my favorite day of the two weeks. On October 8th I spent the day in the Cambridge/Underhill areas of Vermont. I've photographed this area on a few other occasions, but this year was different in a very good way. There was snow on the peak of Mount Mansfield......a photographers dream to have the seasons mingling like this.






I saw these two bicyclists coming up the road and waited for them to get to this location to add interest to the forefront of this barn scene.



Three Peaks........barn peak, peak Fall foliage, and the peak of Mount Mansfield.



I love this bucolic scene.



As you can see, I spent the majority of the day photographing Mount Mansfield. Some shots the peak was cloud covered, other shots there was barely a cloud above the peak. Some shots were taken in warmer late day light while others were taken during the midday light where I had to control the highlights and bring out the shadows in postproduction.

My friends and I stayed in the area and waited for the full "Hunters"moon to rise over Mount Mansfield. It was a perfectly clear sky, until about 25 minutes before the moon was to rise some clouds rolled in. I still was able to make a few photos I was happy with.




Many more blog posts to come from this Fall trip.

4 comments:

  1. from Carol N. of Abington: Carol, they're spectacular! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol! I truly appreciate it and it's wonderful to hear from you!! I hope all is well and hope to run into you at the Butterfly Garden in the Spring. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

      Delete
  2. PS from Carol N. again: I shared this website w 2 friends just now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. A funny thing happened when I went to vote last week. The woman working the poles asked me, "Oh, are you the Carol Smith who is the photographer? I follow your blog!" :-)

      Delete