New England Blogs

Thursday, March 11, 2021

My bench project Hobart Pond Whitman MA

 We are having a touch of Spring weather this week in Southern New England. I hope the weather is also nice in your neck of the woods. I went out for a "walk" with a few of my friends yesterday. It was my first time out with them since last Fall and it was great to see them and catch up. It was more like a slow stroll, but I am able to "stroll" now!!! I still have pain when I walk and still have a significant limp but I'm walking and pushing myself to deal with the pain, as I'm probably going to have it for a while. Not complaining......just being realistic. I knew from the beginning that this wasn't going to be easy. 

We went to Hobart Pond in Whitman because there's a flat paved walking path which is what I needed. I strolled part way but had to sit after a bit as I couldn't go too far. Here's the bench I sat on while waiting for my friends to return. 



I decided to give myself a project while I was waiting..... and make photographs of my surroundings from the bench. I'd like to call it my bench project. :-)

Frozen in time:


Waiting for Spring:


Nature Underfoot:


Reaching Out:


Soaring above me:


"Dave":


And my final shot from my bench project is where I felt my photography mojo coming back after such a long break. I titled this one "Skip" which was written on the back of my bench. I opened up the aperture to focus on "skip" and to blur my friends in the background who were heading back to me and the bench. 


I enjoyed my day outdoors. I enjoyed the time with my friends, and most of all I enjoyed taking photos again and challenging myself to take photos from my surroundings while sitting on a bench.

Hope you are doing well and safe! xxoo

8 comments:

  1. Prayers for healing
    Lovely photo shoot on a bench

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Salty!!! I appreciate the prayers and happy you enjoyed the photos.

      Delete
  2. I'm thrilled that you were able to get out and about for a while. You are so creative. I love this project. I hope your pain diminishes very soon. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that you were able to get out and do a bit of strolling, as you put it. Here's hoping that things continue to progress in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kerry, I appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. Nice collection Carol. My favorite location in Whitman. I really like "Skip". Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ed. I just discovered this park last year.....driven by so many times but had never stopped by.

      Delete