New England Blogs

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Spring in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont

I've been away for the past several days. I had some business to attend to up in Vermont that could only be done on a weekday, and I also had some work to do on the house. I did however find some time for photography.

One of my favorite things I like to photograph in the Spring up there are the fields of dandelions. I know that may sound like a simple silly thing, but the fields up there are such a lovely green and when they are dotted with the sunny yellows of the dandies it makes my heart sing.


After dinner one evening we went out to catch the sunset. This photo was taken at the crest of the mountain in Hinton Hill Road in Westmore.


We quickly headed to the Barton Golf Club to catch the after sunset glow in the sky. I chose this location because I wanted to photograph the sunset sky over Jay Peak in the distance, and the old barn and silos in the forefront.


More photos coming from this trip will be featured on the next blog post.



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kerry. I always appreciate hearing from you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos
    Dandelions! There is a field nearby that is a carpet of yellow when they are in bloom. Afterwards, fields are white with dandelion puffs. It is a stunning thing to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Salty. I'm happy to see you appreciate the Dandies as much as me!

      Delete