New England Blogs

Friday, May 20, 2016

Fox

They say when one door closes, another one opens. Ironically, that really does tend to happen......and it happened to me this week. As I wrote in yesterdays blog post, I have been so sad about the loss of the local swans eggs. But Mother Nature has blessed me in another wonderful way. There is a fox den in the woods right behind my house!!! We have three baby kits and at least one adult. I'm not sure if it's Mom or Dad that I have been seeing.....but I know it's the same fox because the poor thing has an infection in it's left eye.

Here is the adult last night after a successful hunt......a Gray Catbird in it's mouth!



The Kits are so adorable and playful. They have been playing in the same immediate area right behind my house....so I assume that is where the den is located. I shot all of these photos while on my deck.



I'm looking forward to the kits coming further out of the woods so that I can get some closer shots.

Here is the adult this morning around 9:30 in my backyard.


Stopped twice to look at me and then went off on it's merry way.



I'm heading back outside to the deck right now with my camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment