New England Blogs

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

GBH Take Off

Day 125/365

Was down to my own outdoor studio (the cemetry).....one of my favorite places to shoot......and found this Great Blue Heron who immediately began to fly away as soon as I approached. My shutter speed was not fast enough to catch his wing movement, but I was happy to get the eye sharp, which is the most important thing to have sharp in an image like this. I also personally like the blurred wings, as I think it shows motion.


2 comments:

  1. Positively prehistoric-looking bird ~ classic take-off with beautiful reflection. Do I detect some hints of fall colors in the foliage? I'm sure he came right back to his favorite fishing grounds when you left! Nice capture, Carol ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia. Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if those are early Fall colors or not. I'll have to go back and check it out!

      Delete