New England Blogs

Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Beginnings

1/365
Today is the first day of Spring....... a time for new beginnings. Mother Nature kept her promise and didn't disappoint. Today was one of those days that tickles all of your senses and puts a smile on your face. Spring is here at last! I have been thinking about starting a 365 day photo a day project for some time now, but just haven't followed through with it. Well, today is a new beginning for me, and I am so excited to be posting my very first photo. Only 364 more to go!

Mr. S and I decided to take a walk along the Cape Cod Canal and enjoy this great weather. Today's photo is of the Sagamore Bridge which spans the Cape Cod Canal and connects Cape Cod to the rest of Massachusetts. Construction of the bridge began in 1933 by the Public Works Administration for the United States Army Corps of Engineers, which operates both the bridge and the canal. The bridge opened on June 22, 1935.
                                                                      The Specs:
Nikon D90, 18-200mm VR lens, ISO 200, 1/320, f11





  

10 comments:

  1. A day made in Heaven indeed! And what a gorgeous shot! Mother Nature certainly did not disappoint!

    Congratulations on your new blog! Looking forward to 364 more days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say, Welcome to the Club, Carol! I wish you the best of luck as, you WILL be certainly challenged! But, then there are the days where magic simply unfolds in front of your camera and you just can't wait to post! I have only 2 1/2 months left and some days, I still wonder if I will finish! (I'm located north of you in Beverly, MA). I agree - what a lovely couple of days we've had. Going to enjoy the last one today before the rain comes. Oh, our NE weather! Take care, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful day. You captured it. Nancy S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nancy. We both got day one done. Phew! ;-) Your garden bunny is adorable! I hope George is doing better and I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the welcome Milkayphoto and it's a pleasure to "meet" you. I'm glad you found me. I just viewed your wonderful blog. You are a talented photographer! I am looking forward to viewing more of your posts at a later time. I'm heading out shortly to take advantage of another beautiful day.
    Thanks,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your first post! Looking forward to the next 364! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. boy have i fallen asleep at the wheel. another local 365'er? great!!!!! welcome and looking forward to your take on things!

    ReplyDelete