New England Blogs

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer Gardens

135/365
I just love old barns and country stores and antiques etc. I want to tell you about a new find that I visited today with one of my best friends and country store shopping buddies....the one and only Nancy I. :-) It's called Summer Gardens and it's located on Rte 106 in Plympton MA.


It's a wonderful old post and beam barn filled with antiques, country furniture, home accents, folk art etc. and can't forget to mention the beautiful flowers from the garden out back. I bought myself a handwoven cotton rug for my kitchen which I placed in front of the sink. ADORABLE........and the best part is that it's machine washable so I hope to get lots of wear and tear out of it.
We were told by the proprietor that the barn is filled with goods during the Fall and Christmas season............yes, my favorite times to decorate.......so you WILL be seeing a return visit to this place here on the blog within the next few months. If you're in the area, please stop by and visit. It's a gem of a country shop! 


1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun today Carol and I can't wait
    to go back to see the fall treasures.
    The barn shot came out great and that corner
    has all my favorite things in it!!!

    ReplyDelete