New England Blogs

Monday, March 22, 2010

Heart Healthy

3/365
One of my duties at work is to do quality control on the patients food. My tray is served and brought up to the floor with all of the other patients meals. I then check the temperature of each item, as well as do a taste test. (Yes, I get paid to eat.) It's a tough job but someones gotta do it!!

I used my compact camera for this shot. It's small enough that I could slip it into my lab coat pocket. Walking around the hospital with a DSLR hanging around my neck is not part of my usual work attire. Discretion is the key here. :-) That's the beauty of having a compact camera. More on that another time though. Oh, by the way.......this really is a heart healthy breakfast........and it was delicious too!
                                                                        The Specs:
I decided to give the food setting on my camera a try. I've never used any of the "scene modes" on this camera before, so it was interesting to see what settings it would choose for me. Do you think it's "cheating" to use those preset settings? I never use them myself, I like to have full control of the exposure, but I know they can be pretty accurate.
Panasonic LX3, ISO 80, 1/40, f2.1

4 comments:

  1. When it comes to photography as a form of art, is there any such thing as "cheating"? IMO, no. However, you know me well enough to know what is coming :-). ALMOST Any time you use your camera's "settings" you are cheating yourself out of an opportunity to "make" a photographic image. OTOH, there are certainly times when you just don't have the time or opportunity to "make" the photo you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by to visit here Andy. I appreciate your comments and totally agree. You were correct with your last sentence....I didn't have the time to experiment with different exposures, as the temps of the food needed to be checked ASAP for an accurate reading, hence, food mode was a no brainer for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture makes me want to eat sourdough French toast with Vermont maple syrup for breakfast this weekend! Yum! :)

    Someone somewhere mentioned Sunday Brook Farm syrup is the best!

    And some sausage from Dakin Farm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, there is no comparison between the Sunday Brook Farm syrup, and the Smuckers immitation syrup that we serve at work. :-)
    Enjoy your breakfast this weekend BNVT!

    ReplyDelete