New England Blogs

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Flashback to the Fridays of my youth

342/365
Dinner. Who has time to cook dinner? This week, not me.
The big thing when I was in school was that every Friday, english muffin pizzas were served in the cafeteria. Those that usually didn't buy lunch, were sure to buy on Fridays. Did they serve english muffin pizzas on Friday in your school too? If they did, you would remember. That's for sure. :-)
________________
Dad update:  He's improving. Not ready to come home yet but for the most part things are looking better. Had a little setback today with a secondary problem, but hopefully this will resolve quickly. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
The Specs:
Panasonic LX3, ISO 200, 1/30, f2

3 comments:

  1. We had english muffin pizzas at home on weekends growing up.
    They were a favorite of mine and I still make
    them now and then for my family. They look really good...any leftovers???
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad. My computer
    had been broken so I just saw your posts. Hope
    he is getting better. I'll call you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leftovers? In this house? You DO remember Jay lives and eats here, right? :-) Actually, there are a few leftover, so come on over and get them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those! We'd also make them after school in the toaster oven as a snack when we were kids! :)

    Comfort food. Sorry to hear about your dad... I hope he is improving!

    ReplyDelete