New England Blogs

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Galway City, Ireland

********TRAVEL SUNDAY*********

Welcome to the second Travel post from my recent trip to Ireland. Typically Tuesday are travel day posts but for now I'll be posting travel days periodically.

 The first four nights of the trip we stayed in a beautiful penthouse apartment overlooking the docks at Galway Bay. The location couldn't have been any better.......we had a large walk out balcony with plenty of room for all ten of us......and we were within a few minutes walk to all of the shops, restaurants and pubs that Galway has to offer.



Galway stole a piece of my heart! It is such a vibrant lively city....and it's so clean!!!!! That's one thing that struck me about Ireland......the cities and villages are extremely clean and well kept. We had so much fun walking the streets in the evenings, stopping into the shops, pubs, and restaurants. 

 Here is a video I took one evening as I was walking down Quay Street. I love the two "Irish Gals" who came along!




The sun doesn't set this time of year in Ireland until well after ten o'clock at night and it doesn't get totally dark out until after 11 pm. This gave some beautiful evening light.




 Here is a photo of Miss J and I having our first pint at a restaurant called The Sevens on our first night. Photo credits go to my cousin MaryCatherine.


Back at the penthouse, we had a family of  Herring Gulls nesting off our balcony. The nature and bird nerd in me absolutely loved seeing the interaction between the three babies and their mama. The babies hadn't fledged yet but I'm hoping by now they have taken off and are living happy little gull lives as they sore over Galway City and Bay.



I had asked my parents to send us a rainbow from above to let me know they were with us, and on our last night in Galway this appeared before us. It was a very special moment and so beautiful to see.


The next blog post from Ireland will be featuring photos that I took on day two of the trip......a day we spent up in beautiful Connemara with some changeable skies and some dramatic light. It was an incredible day and can't wait to share it with you.





5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your travel and experience and wonderful images again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics. Captures the spirit of Ireland. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs of a beautiful place. You mentioned how clean Ireland is. I don't know if they still do this, but they used to have an annual award for the "Tidiest Town". Hopefully they still do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for once again sharing your family stories and your super photos of your amazing trip. I love them all and especially loved your video zen moment.

    ReplyDelete