New England Blogs

Monday, May 13, 2019

MIT Cambridge and Charles River Boston sunset

I went into Boston late Saturday afternoon with some camera club friends. Our first stop was to photograph the unique architecture at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).

There is a memorial for MIT Police officer Sean Collier whose life was taken too soon by the Boston Marathon bombers on April 18, three days after the Boston Marathon terror attack.



Carved into the rear wall is an epitaph from Sean's brother's eulogy: 


Some of the quirky unique architecture:




My friend David who always is willing to model for photos:


This next photo is interesting to me. As I was framing the shot to show the juxtaposition of the bikes in the forefront and the bikes across the street, a biker rode into the scene. I quickly pressed the shutter to capture him before I was finally set up, but think the photo still came out pretty good.



After a delicious dinner at Blaze pizza, we headed to Memorial Drive for a walk along the Charles at sunset:




I also stepped out towards the street to get some long exposure light trails from the vehicles passing by:



One final shot of the Boston skyline after sunset:


It was a perfect evening.


2 comments: