New England Blogs

Sunday, March 10, 2019

One Year Anniversary

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my Father's death. It seems surreal that it was one year ago. All of the memories of that day came flooding back to me, and shook me to the core. It was a difficult day, and it surprised me that I got so emotional. It's funny how those feelings come out of nowhere.



Today we had a one year anniversary Mass said for our Dad. When we left the house to go to church it was snowing and the roads were a bit slippery. It's ironic that we had a fairly big snowstorm on the day of his wake. We also had a snowstorm on the day of our Mother's wake as well. I always look for signs, and I took today's snow as a sign.


Was it a sign? Probably not......it's Winter in New England after all......I'm sure that explains why it snowed. :-)

Dad would have loved the Mass. The music was beautiful.....and Ryleigh was asked to carry the gifts to the alter. She was nervous but she did a great job. She's five years old now....and up until now she would have been too shy and frightened to do such a thing. We were proud of her, and I know my Dad was proud too. I'm sure he also was very pleased with our choice of where we all went for brunch after Mass........a lovely Irish brunch where live Irish music was being played. It doesn't get much better than that!!

Cheers to Dad! We love him and miss him and Mom dearly. But we feel their love from beyond and I think they are probably very proud of us. We learned from the best. 



No comments:

Post a Comment