New England Blogs

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Early Fall Foliage Colors NEK Vermont

Last week I took a quick two and a half day trip up to my home in Barton VT to check out the foliage colors. I knew the colors would be early, and for the most part, they were. I did find some decent color ad it's only gotten better since then. I'm heading back up today and promise to have some pretty photos to share with you when I return.

Sunrise at May Pond in Barton

Overlooking May Pond there were a lot of reds and oranges beginning to emerge:



Colors coming along nicely along Rte 16 in Barton:


Early colors at Wheeler Pond:


Early colors at Long Pond in Westmore:


Early colors on Burke Mountain. I found this vantage point by walking along one of the many bike trails in East Burke. This location has a lot of promise and could possibly make it into the next edition of the ebook. Will try to go back to this spot late day this week to make a better photo.


Will be back to the blog next week when I return home. Have a wonderful long weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the foliage update!
    There's a website you can post a report and/or photo on. Sorry I forget the name of the website. It's suppose to be a new feature this year.

    ReplyDelete