New England Blogs

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Summer Scenes In Vermont

I had a wonderful vacation last week up in Barton VT......my happy place. Here are a few landscape photographs that I took:

This is a farm along Rte 16 in Barton. We passed by this on our first day, and when I saw the sunflowers, I made a mental note to return here with my camera the following morning.



The next photos were taken during an early evening drive along one of my favorite roads in The Northeast Kingdom......Darling Hill Road which runs from East Burke to Lyndonville.



One afternoon on our way back from Montpelier, I stopped at Flagg Pond in Stannard to take a few pictures, seeing as though we were in the area. This is a remote beautiful little pond that I discovered a few years ago. It's not very well known and not often photographed by others, but I think it's a true gem, especially in the Fall where some of my favorite Fall images were taken.


One of my favorite things to do in Vermont is to explore the back roads and travel off the beaten path to look for photo opportunities. One morning last week I took off by myself and discovered this scene on one of the many dirt back roads. This was taken in Glover. This is more or less a record shot, as I am planning on returning here this Fall, as I feel this scene has some promise to make a decent Fall image. At least I hope so!


More photos from VT will be posted this week.






No comments:

Post a Comment