New England Blogs

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Happy Spring!

Today is the first day of Spring.....which is also the anniversary date of this blog! Eight years ago, back in 2010, I decided I would challenge myself to take a photo a day beginning on the first day of Spring (A time for new beginnings) and post each daily photo on this blog. I not only accomplished my goal, but I also challenged myself to take a photo a day for another 365 days......which was one of the stupidest decisions I have ever made and it damn near killed me.......But I succeeded! After that, the blog has been a place for me to share my photos, and to share a glimpse of my everyday life in New England......without the added stress of having to shoot daily or to post daily.

There have been so many changes in my life, and in your life too I bet, in the past eight years. If you've been following this blog since day one.....thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you jumped in somewhere along the way and started following.....I'd like to thank you as well. It means so much to me when I look in the "dashboard" and see how many views the blog gets, and that's what keeps me going. There are viewers from all over the World, which is so cool, and blows my mind. I appreciate each and every view.

Spring in New England can be very fickle. In fact, the past several years we have had a lot of snow in the month of March. I'm one of the many believers in Global Warming.......January and February have been milder than usual and March has become the "new February" around here over the past few years. Don't even get me started on the delayed Falls we have been having here as well over the past few years!

Tomorrow we are going to be having our fourth Nor'Easter here in Southern New England in as many weeks. Here's a photo from last week's storm of a juvenile White Tail Deer in my backyard during the height of the raging storm.


I return to work on Thursday after my bereavement days and my time off days that I took to take care of the grandkids while Ms J was in the hospital.......I'll be returning early Thursday morning in the projected foot of snow. Spring in New England. You've gotta love it. Hmpff!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck fighting through the Nor'Easter. We got a few inches of snow last night here in the Midwest and as much as a foot (!) of additional accumulation is forecast for another storm coming through on Saturday. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry. The good news with this storm was it never really hit us hard here in Southern New England! We finally dodged one! I hope this was the last of the Winter storms for you and hope it wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete