New England Blogs

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Ebook: Photographing Vermont's Fall Foliage is Available

Cover of the Ebook which I am happy to tell you that I have co-written!



In 1973, photographer Arnold J Kaplan wrote a pamphlet type book on photographing scenes in Vermont------where to find the iconic scenes. This book contained locations of many of Vermont's scenic places. These locations to this day are still referred to as "Kaplan Scenes". My friend and fellow photographer Andy Richards has spent a lot of time photographing Fall foliage scenes in VT, and relied heavily on using the booklet written by Kaplan. (I also have a copy of this booklet myself that I have used over the years) During Andy's travels, he realized that many of these scenes were no longer viable due to changes in the landscape, deforestation, tree growth blocking the view etc. so Andy began taking his own notes.

By the time Andy and I met Arnold Kaplan, he was in his 90's. Andy formed a friendship with him, and before his death in 2013, Arnold wrote the forward to Volume 1 of this book......and basically handed the baton to him to carry on with his legacy of  his Vermont Booklet.

Andy published volume 1 in 2012. A year and a half ago he asked me to co-write volume 2 with him. How could I say no? I'm thrilled to tell you that the Ebook is available to purchase as of today on Amazon.com.

https://www.amazon.com/Photog.../dp/B075M32NFD/ref=sr_1_1...

 It will be released on Apple ibookstore, Barnes and Noble, and Baker and Taylor within the next few weeks.This book contains directions to each local, and oftentimes the GPS coordinates as well. We also give suggestions on where to safely park your car, and the best time of day to photograph, as well as an example photo for each location that one of us has taken. My passion is photographing the Vermont landscape, especially in Autumn. I'm thrilled to be able to share my favorite landscape locations with other photographers.......and not just photographers as this book is the perfect guide for "leaf peepers" as well. 




2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Carol. I know firsthand how difficult and time-consuming it is to put something like this together. The first edition of the ebook was highly useful; the second edition, given your participation, is certainly a must-have to anyone interested in exploring the landscapes of Vermont.

    Again, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Very much Kerry. I really appreciate it!

      Delete