New England Blogs

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Milky Way at Windswept Farm Barton VT

I'd like to share with you a few night images that I recently took at Windswept Farm in Barton VT. I spent quite a bit of time photographing at this location over the past several weeks. The owner Adam, is a wonderful man, and he has given me permission to photograph on his property whenever I want. I stopped by in the afternoon before I did the night shoot. I think he is getting used to seeing me and my camera. Anyway, I wanted to let him know I would be out shooting there at night so he wouldn't think some crazies with a flashlight were prowling around.
Here's my favorite night image I have taken so far.


How wonderful that the Milky Way was positioned just above the barn! After photographing this view, I decided to take some night shots of the stars over the sugar house. How surprised I was to see that the tail end of The Milky Way was visible over the sugar house. I also caught a shooting star in this image. I saw many shooting stars that evening, and it was a very special time.


Both the barn and the sugarhouse were light painted with the flashlight of my friend's cell phone. We had a wonderful evening!


1 comment: