New England Blogs

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hollywood comes to Hingham

Tonight is the red carpet advance screening of Mark Wahlberg's latest movie, "Broken City" at the Hingham Shipyard.

I went by here today so that I could share the goings-on with all of you here on the blog. I asked my son "N", who is one of Hingham's Finest, if there were any reports of a woman with a camera, driving a silver SUV stalking the shipyard area today. She was accompanied by two elderly people and rumor has it she almost hit Chef Paul Wahlberg as he was crossing the street going from his restaurant Wahlburgers to his other restaurant Alma Nove.
Don't believe rumors......I actually stopped for him and allowed him to cross......he waved to me and smiled.

Here is the movie theatre decked out with the tented red carpet:


And here is Wahlburgers Restaurant being set up for tonight's Red Carpet After-Party:

There will be some Hollywood Celebrities and many local celebrities in attendance tonight including New England Patriots Wes Welker, Vince Wilfork, and Julian Edelman.

Here is a bit of information about the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation:

ABOUT THE FOUNDATION: It is the mission of the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation to improve the quality of life for inner city youth through a working partnership with other youth organizations. Our goal is to remove and eliminate barriers that prevent youth from succeeding. Our mission is to assist youth in order to ensure that no child is limited or prevented from attaining their lifetime goal or dream due to financial circumstances. Through the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation, we will provide financial and community support to assist in making the dreams and ultimate potential of inner city youth become a reality.

4 comments:

  1. I am surprised you don't have a gown ready and are going to try and sneak in for some photo ops!!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah. You know me so well. :-) Actually, I had camera club tonight so I wasn't available to attend the showing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard your son and Mark Whalberg are now bffs! :) - Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure are!!! Something, huh? :-)

    ReplyDelete