New England Blogs

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The colors of late Fall in SE MA

This was another very strange year for the foliage here in New England. The season started off with a bang up in Northern NE beginning the last week of September into the first week of October. Then things stalled. There was no frost further south of there to help with the progression of the foliage changing. Many trees just lost their leaves while others remained green. Last week we got our first frost from Southern VT and NH down through MA, CT, and RI. We then had some sun (finally) and the trees that still had leaves on them turned quickly, almost overnight, and we had a few days of pretty decent color around here. There were some vibrant reds and oranges and it was pretty darn good! We then got some heavy rain and wind this weekend which caused a lot of leafdrop here in SE MA. However, there still is some color to be found, and I went out today with 2 camera club friends and had a fantastic morning.
Here is Wompatuck Pond located behind the town hall in Hanson MA. The early morning warm light really gave the scene a beautiful warm tone,



We stopped at my favorite farm, Lolan's Farm, on Thompson St in Middleboro.


I love to wander around this farm. You've seen many pictures here on the blog that I have taken here and each time I visit, I always find something different to photograph. I was happy to find this Mama Cat nursing her kitten in front of this tractor!


I like the 'layers" in this next image, which I added a texture filter to give it a bit of a different look. I like the colors of late Fall, and I like to see bare trees mixed in with tress that have the rust and golden colors of the late turning leaves.



Lastly, I thought all the cranberry bogs in the area had all been picked by now, so I was thrilled to find this bog that was flooded but not completely picked. The colors were this vibrant in person. It was spectacular.


I still have many more images from this Fall to process and share, but wanted to share these ones from today. I hope you enjoyed them. It was a beautiful morning to be outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment