New England Blogs

Monday, April 30, 2012

Mystic Seaport

Hi there. I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I had a great weekend off......spent most of Saturday with Mr. S and we watched the movie "WE Bought A Zoo" Saturday night. It was adorable, and I recommend it.
Sunday was spent with my camera club down in Mystic Seaport CT. Not sure if you remember, but I had mentioned back at New Years that Mystic Seaport was on my list of places that I wanted to photograph this year. It was my first time visiting here, and I loved it. The weather was perfect, and it was early enough in the season that there were no crowds, which really helped from a photography standpoint.
Here's some of the ship and ocean scenes that I captured:
The Mystic Seaport Lighthouse:

Ship's rigging and a sail:




I have lots more to share with you from this outing so will be posting more this week.
The Specs:
All Nikon D90, 17-55 mm lens, ISO 200
Photo one: 1/1000, f8, -2/3 EV
Photo two:  1/640, f11, -2/3 EV
Photo three:  1/4000, f2.8, -2/3 EV
Photo four and five: 1/640, f11, -1/3 EV

2 comments: