New England Blogs

Thursday, February 23, 2012

The journey

The "finding your inner spirit program" presented by my friend Greg Lessard, http://greglessardphotography.com/-/greglessardphotography/ which I attended last night couldn't have come at a better time for me. It was just what I needed at this point of my photographic journey. Yes, I look at my photography as a journey. I have had many highs and a few lows as I have taken this journey, and I have learned so much..... not only about photography, but about myself. Where will this journey take me???? I have no idea. But right now, at this moment in time, I feel a new spark which I haven't felt for a while. I'm all set with this winter....the winter that wasn't.......and I am now getting myself into a Spring mode. I even went out shopping today with my good friend Nancy I.......and I bought myself a few subjects to photograph........I am envisioning some still lifes.....and I am looking forward to photographing these subjects, or "props" or whatever you want to call them. I'll be shooting these "Spring things" over the next few weeks and will share them here with you on the blog. Last night's program has also inspired me with ideas for what direction I want this blog to go in after day 365/year 2. When you think of it........that's 730 straight days of posting pictures here. Wow. As day 365 approaches, I will share with you my visions for the future of the blog.
But today is all about the journey. Soooooooooo, I thought the next 2 images would be perfect to go along with this topic. These were taken this past weekend as we were driving through Franconia Notch in NH.
Here's the first image:
“The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants, and discovers along the way, what he needs.” Wally Lamb, The Hour I First Believed

"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb."
                                                           - Sir Winston Churchill

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots Carol. I had fun on our shopping
    day and can't wait to see what you will bring us in the future.:)

    ReplyDelete