New England Blogs

Monday, October 17, 2011

The Wedding Decor

The wedding reception was held at the Lodge at Camp Kiwanee in Hanson MA. We LOVED this venue, and it went perfectly with the rustic country Fall wedding theme that Miss J wanted. My talented "forever friend" Nancy Carey was our unofficial "wedding planner." Nancy is the secretary for our Dept at work, and her attention to detail is remarkable. She also was a florist in a previous life........the three of us......Nancy, Miss J, and myself were a dream team. We all worked so well together and Nancy was a Godsend. There's no way I could have gotten everything done without her help.

The following images were not taken by me....they were taken by my forever friend, ie: unofficial wedding planner, ie: photographer....the one and only multi talented Nancy Carey. Thanks Nancy for sending me these images and allowing me to put them up on my blog.
Here's the fireplace in the foyer as you enter into the lodge....totally decorated by Nancy, including a framed image of Miss J and Steve in the center. How beautiful is this as an entrance to a wedding reception???
All of our fresh flowers were purchased through Whole Foods. The Whole Foods Florist made all of the girls bouquets and the guy's boutineers. Nancy came to the meeting at Whole Foods with me and Miss J and coordinated all of the additional flowers to be used to decorate to coordinate with the bouquets. Nancy put together each centerpiece, inside of mason jars, placed on a slice of fresh birch that was cut by my nephew Gregory:

The lodge has a full wrap around covered deck that overlooks the pond. Here it is decorated for Miss J's wedding:


Back inside, here's my boss :-), (who also was a huge help the morning of the wedding...she spent hours helping Nancy decorate the lodge) looking at the mini pumpkin seat placing cards. By the way, all of the pumpkins, mini pumpkins, gourds, hay bales, corn stalks, cranberries were purchased from Lolan's Farm in Middleboro MA. A big shout out to Sue from the farm for all of her help in coordinating all of the purchases!!! Everything was perfect!!!!
Okay, back to Leah looking at the mini pumpkins.......

Here's the gift table. See the card gift treasure chest box? That was handmade by my son in laws Dad that he made for his daughters wedding before he passed away. My son in law gave it a fresh new coat of paint, and I think it was so special to have this family special keepsake at the wedding!

These next two images were taken by me. This first one is the top of the piano in the "Library Room" of the lodge. This is the room where we had the appetizer tables and the apple cider table set up. The DJ actually played the piano out there for a while during the cocktail hour!
Finally, here's the second mantle in the lodge. This on is located in the library room. I ordered these votive holders with Miss J and Steves names, monogram, and date of the wedding, and they were placed on the mantle with a fresh apple inbetween them.

If I were not the Mother Of The Bride, I would have gone nuts taking pictures of the decor. It was beautiful.......and I can say that with pride. Thank you Nancy, Leah, and Diane for everything.
Day 201/Year 2

2 comments:

  1. Carol, I Loved looking at the beautiful, special and unique decor from the wedding. You, miss J and Nancy were a great team! I loved the flowers and the votive candles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, you guys did an awesome job. Everything was beautiful and had such a homey feeling. I love looking at the photos and remembering all the fun!!!

    ReplyDelete