New England Blogs

Thursday, October 20, 2011

How about the 17-55 f2.8?

I returned the Nikon 24-120 VR lens that I bought last week. It wasn't for me. Today, I picked up the 17-55 mm f2.8 Nikon lens. I am thinking this one will be a keeper. I didn't have much time for test shots. While I was cooking dinner this evening, I put this apple on the kitchen island. I set the camera to "live view" and placed the camera on the island, about 2-3 feet away from the apple. I set the camera on ISO 200, aperture priority, and tried various apertures. This one that I am posting is f2.8.
So far so good. Tomorrow I am heading out before sunrise for a day of photography. I want to give this lens a good landscape workout. I'll report back tomorrow night.
EDIT****** I'm editing to say, yikes, this lens is sharp. I honestly thought my kitchen island was clean until I looked at this image. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment