New England Blogs

Saturday, August 27, 2011

What a difference a week makes

A week ago today, I was relaxing at the beach at Crystal Lake in Barton VT........it was a beautiful sunny day wth temps in the 80's and a mild breeze. Just lovely! Today is different. It's cloudy. It's humid and sticky. We are experiencing the first of the outer bands of heavy rain from Hurricane Irene. As I type this, there is no rain coming down. But looking at the radar, I see there is more on the way.
Just thought I'd reflect on what it was like a week ago today.
"Follow the Leader"
"Stretching her wings"


I just love to watch all of the Mallard Ducks at the lake. Just love the motion blur that I was able to capture on these 2 images. Not only do I hope the people along the Eastern US remain safe, but I hope all of our feathered friends and other wildlife remain safe as well.
The Specs:
Nikon D90, 18-200 mm lens, ISO 200
Photo one: 1/250, f5.6
Photo two 1/200, f5.6
Photo three: 1/160, f5.6

No comments:

Post a Comment