New England Blogs

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Candids/Street Photography

Day 102/Year 2
This image is different for me. Very different. There are some photographers who specialize in candids and street photography and they do it very well. I, on the other hand, am usually very uncomfortable taking this kind of shot. It is way out of my comfort zone.
But, I do like this image. I like how the dog and the owners looks resemble one another. I love how the dog is glaring at me as I was taking the shot, but the owner on the other hand was oblivious to me. I took just one shot.....a quick shot as I was not comfortable.......... yet I liked the subject and wanted to capture it.
I don't think I will make a habit of this type of photography, but I suppose every now and then, it's a good thing to challenge yourself and step outside of your comfort zone.
The Specs:
Nikon D90, 18-200 mm lens, ISO 200, 1/125, f4.8, vignette added in post

No comments:

Post a Comment