New England Blogs

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A productive hour

Day 35/Year 2
I took the folks to a Funeral Mass for a friend of their's in Scituate this morning. I dropped them off at the church, which gave me about an hour for photography before I had to go back to pick them up. This first photograph is of the Scituate Lighthouse, with several Common Cormorants resting on the jetty in the forefront.
Look at the trees in this next photo. They are almost in full bloom. Spring certainly has arrived here in Southern New England!
I played with depth of field in this next photograph. I saw this abandoned pair of shoes resting on the rock and used the maximum aperture I could get, focusing on the shoes, which resulted in the lighthouse and jetty in the background to be nicely blurred and out of focus.

This next scene is one that I have been "eyeing" for a while. My friend and very talented photographer Greg Lessard has a wonderful photograph of this steeple taken from another spot. Here is "my take" on it. I always love a scene which includes a white steeple. As a matter of fact, my parents were in this church attending the funeral mass as I shot this one.

I then went down to the harbor where this scene caught my eye:

Once again, I played with depth of field. In this photo, I focused on the gull and pilings, which allowed the bench in the forefont to be out of focus.

Now just the opposite for this shot. This one has the bench nicely focused, and the gull and pilings are out of focus.

It was nice to have an hour to myself and whenever I have free time and my camera it's a beautiful thing!
The Specs:
All Nikon D90, 18-200 mm lens, ISO 200
Photo one: 1/1250, f11, -1 ev
Photo two: 1/400, f11
Photo three: 1/600, f5.3
Photo four: 1/400, f11, -1/3 ev
Photo five: 1/500, f11
Photo six: 1/2000, f5.6, -1/3 ev
Photo seven: 1/1250, f5.6, -1/3 ev

No comments:

Post a Comment