New England Blogs

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Trying out a new lens

362/365
A day early, I know. :-)
This is my parents den as the rain was coming down outside this morning. Tomorrow promises sunshine and unseasonably warm temps. The leprechauns should be happy about that!
Last night I received a lens from Slava, a very talented member of my camera club. I really wanted to use it for today's photo, but I had to settle for an indoor photo as the rain was relentless. Slava was doing some housekeeping, and decided to give away a few pieces of his gear that he no longer uses. I was the lucky recipient of the Nikkor 28-80 mm f3.3-f5.6 AF lens. It's "plasticy" but the good thing is the light weight......feels so much lighter than the 18-200 that is my go-to lens of choice. I am thinking this will be a good walk around lens. So far, so good as far as image quality. I am looking forward to giving it a go outdoors.
The Specs:
Nikon D90, 28-80 mm lens, ISO 200, 1/60, f5.6, flash fired
Thanks Slava! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment