New England Blogs

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Getting Closer, Getting Closer


Day 4/Year 2
I got this beautiful rose at work today from a Patient who didn't want to bring her flowers home. I knew it would be the perfect subject to do more practicing with the Nikon 4T close up filter. The above photo was shot at an aperture of f7.1, focusing on the yellow petals in the center.
This next photo was taken using an f stop of f2.5, focusing on the pink outer petals.
I took advantage of the "live view" feature on the Nikon D90 with the camera set up on the tripod. (Thanks Tracy for mentioning live view on one of your recent posts) I have never really given the live view feature a chance, as I much prefer using the view finder. But, with this closeup photography, I have found the live view to be very helpful. It really helps you to see exactly where the focus point is.
The Specs:
Photo one: Nikon D90, 50 mm lens w/ Nikon 4T closeup filter, ISO 200, 1/13, f7.1
Photo two: Nikon D90, 50 mm lens w/ Nikon 4T closeup filter, ISO 200, 1/125, f2.5
"And although you will say
I am still too naive
But I have not lost faith
In the things I believe

And if I don't have this all worked out
Still I'm getting closer, getting closer
I still have far to go no doubt
But I'm still getting closer, getting closer"
----------Lyrics by Billy Joel

1 comment:

  1. The colors are wonderful! I think you made the rose look even better.

    ReplyDelete