New England Blogs

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

soft petals

257/365
A rose is a rose is a rose...........even when there is no color. I took some macro shots of some fresh flowers that I received for my bday from my friend kathy F. :-) Thanks again Kathy.....I love them!!!!!!!
This is a yellow rose......but as I played around in Photoshop, I really liked the look of these gray tones when I desaturated the image. Normally, I would most always prefer a flower in it's original color state. Don't know what's come over me! I also kept the contrast low. I like the light gray shades and didn't like the image as much when I introduced a darker contrast.
Hmmmmm....gray day yesterday......gray image today. I wonder if a psychotherapist would find some deep rooted meaning behind my images of the past few days?? Maybe tomorrow will bring some color to my photography....and my mood. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment