New England Blogs

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Good bokeh

256/365
It was a very gray day here in Southeast MA. I took the folks out for a drive, but the lighting was flat and no photo ops jumped out at me. I stopped at Whitmans Pond in Weymouth on my way home and took some gull portraits. I used the old Panasonic FZ8 today (remember my first love?) :-) I really like the pleasing bokeh that I get from that camera. For those who may not know, bokeh is the blur in out-of-focus parts of an image. Note how sharp the gull (the subject) is, and then note the nice smooth background. The smooth background is good bokeh. Some lenses will produce a bokeh that is nice and smooth and pleasing to the eye, while other lenses produce bokeh which is distracting.
The Specs:
Panasonic FZ8, ISO 100, 1/320, f3.3, -1/3 ev

No comments:

Post a Comment