New England Blogs

Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's so much more than leaves

207/365
I really liked the way the first light of the morning was hitting these trees along the side of a road in Barton this morning.
We then stopped so I could photograph this pumpkin patch and from there, we headed to The Parsons Corner for breakfast, packed up the vehicles and hit the road to head home.


I had such an amazing week. It was more than just the leaves, mountains, farms, valleys, and views. It was the friends that I shared all of these things with that made this past week so memorable for me. I am so blessed to have found such dear friends, and to have spent such a wonderful time photographing and cruising so many of the back roads of Vermont with these special people means the world to me. A very special thank you to Al and his wife Lynne, George and his wife Jeanette, my dear dear friend Andy, I just love you to pieces.....thanks for everything. It was a pleasure to meet Brian, and what a thrill it was for me to be out and about in The NEK of Vermont photographing with all of these wonderful photographers.
I also would like to thank my dear native Vermonter friends for taking me to so many of the off the beaten path places that I never would have been able to find on my own. The days we spent together were so very special and I thank you Phil and BM from the bottom of my heart for all of your generosity and hospitality.
Last but not least, I want to thank my good friend Luv2BNVT.........thank you for everything. Thelma and Louise really hit the road running and I'll never forget all of the laughs, the sights, and the folio's. :-)
I am back home now where I belong, but a piece of my heart still remains up in Vermont. It would be a lie if I said I didn't shed a tear as I gazed out the window of the truck as we passed the remaining foliage on the hillsides of the Northeast Kingdom on the way home this morning. Until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment