New England Blogs

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Great Blue

132/365
I had a fun time shooting down at the Rockland Duck Pond this evening. I got in my car and started to drive out, happy and content with what I had shot, knowing I had something for today's photo. And then............there it was..........this beautiful Great Blue Heron! Needless to say, I pulled over and got some shots of this beauty. I really like the lighting in this shot. It was late day, and the sun had just gone down around the other side of the pond. There was a blinking yellow traffic light to the left behind the heron on the street. I waited for the light to blink each time I pressed the shutter, knowing the reflection would imitate a sunset reflection. Ta-dah! I was right and am happy with the colors of this shot. I just love when unexpected things like that happen!
The Specs:
Nikon D90, 18-200 mm lens, 1/250, f5.6

8 comments:

  1. I love looking at this one Carol, the colors are fantastic....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much MaryC. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Lucky you, to be in the right place at the right time... and smart you, for knowing how to shoot it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a bunch Christine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture Carol. I love his colors
    as well as the whole shots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nancy!!! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one for the portfolio, Carol! Stunning light and great composition. Well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete