New England Blogs

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Shoes

34/365
These are my son, N's Police Shoes. The thought occurred to me that these shoes will be carrying him into some dangerous situations. What happened to the days when I would be putting his feet into his little sneakers with the Velcro enclosures and then send him off to play in the backyard? I would worry about him falling off the swing set, or skimming his knees if he tripped and fell. Then came the days when he would tie his own Nike sneakers and ride his bike down the street to play basketball at the park. Riding a bike outside of ones own driveway can be very dangerous you know! Then came the days when he first got his drivers license and he would be driving off, pressing the gas pedal with his Etnies on his feet. I would breathe a sigh of relief every time the car pulled back into the driveway knowing he made it home safely.
He's a grown man now, and will be graduating from the police academy next week and will be putting his police boots on his feet and living the career of his dreams. I pray for his safety everyday, just like I always have....... and always will.
                                           The Specs:
Nikon D90, 18-200 mm lens, ISO 3200, 1/60, f5.6, "Polaroid" photo frame added in post.

No comments:

Post a Comment